How to Turn a Few Bugs Into an Infestation

*This post is intended for Friday December 4, 2020. (see last paragraph for explanation). Today’s (12/4/20) focus was the Thruster: Scaling Bar HUD 2D Phase I requirement and enemy laser bug.

For my scaling bar, I created a sprite and attached it to the script for thruster damage, so that when the thruster damage animation is called, the scaling bar moves accordingly. I also fixed my enemy lasers by putting a Debug.Log() message in to tell me if my script for enemy laser damaging the player is even being called at all.

Brand new thruster bar. Very Mario-esque

I spent Friday researching, writing code and making my thruster bar.

My precious thruster code…

My original intent for this weekend was to spend just a few hours finishing Phase I and have that working smoothly, bug free by 8am Monday….what ended up happening was during the process, was me somehow managing to turn a few bugs into an infestation.

Enemy explosion only with laser…lives don’t update…thruster bar doesn’t move

So…what happened? I have no idea. I’m thinking of just deleting all of my thruster code and starting over…too many bugs to keep track of at this point. I think the additions of these codes over-rode other parts. After watching some C# tutorials I think I used incorrection functions and put them in the wrong place. I will seek help on Monday. I was hoping to write a different update on Friday, wanting a more successful ending…after two days, it’s still not here. Not where I wanted to leave off, but I do have account for Friday’s work, whether it was successful or not.

Stay well friends,

Kristin

Astrologer turned Software Developer who is aiming for the stars to land on the moon. Kristin the Developer is the Celestial Sleuth.